Monday, August 9, 2010

Eat Pray Love


Last week, I started reading Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love....otherwise known as the Julia Robert's blockbuster coming out this Friday! Although I'm only on page 44, I made an agreement with myself that I wouldn't see the movie until I finished the book...hopefully I'll be done by Friday! Haha! 

By page 24, I was totally hooked on this book. Liz is talking with a ninth generation medicine man in Indonesia seeking advice about finding balance between enjoying earth's delights and devoting herself to God. His response was this...

"To find the balance you want this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have four legs, instead of two. That way you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God."

I love that advice! Hope this brings a little balance to your day!