Thursday, October 21, 2010

Running Gear


So as most of you now, I've taken up running in the past few months and have really enjoyed getting to run in local 5K races. It really gives me that motivation to push myself a little harder, when I know I'm training for an actual event. And for the first time EVER I ran the entire time!! Usually I'll need to walk a little bit during the race, but this time I didn't need any breaks. Big accomplishment for me!! So now I really want to work on building my endurance so I can run longer (and better my time). Look out 10K, I'm coming after you!

Here is a list of some of my fav gear I use when I'm running...

iPod - Gotta have music to keep me going! Usually listen to a mix of country, pop, and hiphop. Anything to keep my mind from thinking "I'm getting tired" Hahah!

Running Skirt - I bought the TNT Plaid Running Skirt (RunningSkirts.com) and I love it!! It is really lightweight and comfortable. Plus it has cute little briefs built into it. Definitely putting these on my christmas list!

SPIbelt - My newest buy! Got one at the expo for the last run I was in. They are these little light weight belts with a spandex pouch that you can stash you keys, phone, ipod, whatever in during your run. It doesn't move very much and you can even put your bib number on it (yay! No more holes in my shirts from the safety pins).



Sweaty Bands - These have been such a life saver!! I have long layered hair and these headbands keep all of the hair out of my face and THEY DON'T SLIDE AT ALL!!! Usually I have to keep adjusting headbands...not these!! Probably my fav running accessory of all time.


What are your running/workout must haves?! Anyone have a favorite water bottle?? I've been looking for a good one to use during a run...but there are so many options out there!