Thursday, November 11, 2010

CMAs Review


Just finished watching the CMAs!! (Thank you DVR.) haha! Anyway, thought I'd do a little recap on my fav. parts of this years awards. ^^^Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert...can you say country music power couple?! They dominated the awards last night! RECAP TIME....


1) Taylor Swift singing "Back to December" - She looked so gorgeous and it was the first time I've ever heard that song...loved it! Plus it was "snowing" on stage and in audience so it just looked so elegant and Christmas-y. My one question...why did she say "What?!" during the audience applause?? The curtain was going down and the camera man flashed back to Taylor and showed this...hhmmm I wonder what was going on! Gotta love LIVE tv!



2) Loretta Lynn singing "Coal Miner's Daughter" with Sheryl Crow and Miranda Lambert - I don't know about you all but I only thought Sheryl and Miranda were going to be singing...like a tribute. Then all of sudden out some Loretta comes in in this glitzy ball gown. She is sooo amazing! You go Loretta!



3) Brad Paisley tearing up during his acceptance speech for Entertainer of the Year - Not much more to say! haha! He's usually such a joke-ster and it was pretty precious to see tears in his eyes and his voice cracking a bit. Definitely deserved the award!



4) Gwyneth Paltrow singing "Country Strong" from her new movie - BEST OF THE NIGHT!!! Not saying she's the best singer in the world, but definitely a surprise performance! I really didn't know what to expect! I didn't know she could sing or play guitar! Gwyneth really sounded awesome and now I'm really pumped to see her new movie and hear her sing again!



THANK YOU CMAs!!!! YOU NEVER DISAPPOINT!!!

Anyone else tune in to this year's Country Music Awards?? What were your fav parts?!