Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner


Happy Thanksgiving Week everybody!! I've already been to the store and gotten everything we need to prepare a yummy meal. And luckily, my mom reminded me we need to get the turkey early so it can thaw in the fridge...that could've been bad. My parents are coming to visit for Thanksgiving, so we'll only be cooking for 3. BUT then I'll be going home with them...and I'm sure there will be more cooking and more people the rest of the weekend. Anyway, I wanted to share what we'll be making this year with you all. It's pretty basic but sooo delicious!

Turkey - OFCOURSE!!! We're trying a new rub on the turkey this year...cajun style! Found this recipe online and am really looking forward to tryng it. Usually we use a turkey fryer to prepare the turkey (which is amazing, if you've never tried it) but this year we're cooking it in the oven...and it'll be a little healthier!


Mashed Potatoes & Gravy - Just like the ones I made last week...but with gravy! I guess the gravy will be a little cajun this year as well. mmmmmmmmm!

Salad - Found this delicious and easy bag salad mix at Wal-Mart...Caesar...literally the BEST Caesar I've ever had.


Stuffing - Stove Top baby!! Using the Sage mix and adding in onions and celery.

Pumpkin Pie - Yum yum yum!!


What are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes!?! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!