Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gretchen Bleiler...Need I Say More?


I LOVE Snowboarding and for those out there that love it too...you'll be really interested in today's post! One of my favorite athletes and role models is Gretchen Bleiler! She's an amazing snowboarder and a pioneer for women's snowboarding. Not familiar? Listen to this...


GB was born in the midwest and moved to Aspen when she was 10...there she was introduced to snowboarding! The rest is history. She created the first ever all women half-pipe competition and is a spokeperson in climate change. GB took 1st place at the 2010 X Games and competed in the 2006 and 2010 Olympics...which I couldn't stop watching! I wish the Winter Olympics was every year!! Plus she's won many many more awards...too many to list. She's got a contract with Oakley...so super cute snow gear and goggles! And she always has a smile on her face. Any young girls or women looking for a role model? Think I just found ya one!

What celebs or athletes do you look up to?