Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall Favorites


TOP 10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT FALL!!!    In no particular order....

10) Cool Weather & Chili - After a really hot summer, I love the cool cool weather of Fall. It actually is comfortable to be outside in the middle of the day and at night time you need a light jacket. Also, I love making and eating Chili...its just not the same when you make it in the summer. Fall = Perfect!

9) Football Season - LOVE football season! Especially being able to watch a game on the field. Reminds me of being back in school and all the excitement of a new school year! Plus, its hard to beat college football Saturdays.

8) Vogue September Issue - FASHION ALERT! Biggest issue of the year is the September issue and its always packed with the best Fall fashion. Even better, almost all women's/fashion mags are doing huge September issues.


7) Hoodies, Jeans, & Flip Flops - During Fall, I love being able to wear hoodies, jeans, and flip flops. The weather isn't quite cold enough...so flip flops are still an option! Yeah!

6) Changing Leaves - Fall is so beautiful because the trees become amazing shades of red, yellow, and orange. Plus I love the *crunch* of dried leaves when you step on them.

5) Halloween - So I know I'm way beyond trick-or-treating but I still love Halloween. Every year is something different to do....hand out candy to little ones, scary movie, costume party...whatever it is, its always fun!

4) Pumpkin Patches & Haunted Houses - This goes along with #5 but I love going to a pumpkin patch and picking out the best ones, just like when you're a kid. And they always have those funky-shaped gourds. Those are pretty cool! And ofcourse, Haunted Houses are a blast! I went to one in the middle of nowhere and it was especially freaky! So fun!

3) Dark OPI Polish - I think dark finger nail polish can look so chic, but in the summer time its a little too intense looking. But for Fall, it is fabulous! I am loving dark jewel tones, dark reds, and those really dark plums. Lincoln Park After Dark, Diva of Geneva, Royal Rajah Ruby, Miami Beet, and Plugged in Plum are a few of my favs. But the new Swiss collection is AMAZING too!

2) Sitting by a Fire - This is fun to do in the summer, but when its so hot you really don't need the fire's warmth. Fall is perfect for bonfires with friends or getting your fireplace going in your home. The sound of a crackling fire and smell of Fall evenings is so wonderful!

1) New Vera Bradley Patterns - I love love love Vera Bradley and this Fall's colors are so cute!! My personal fav is Very Berry Paisley. Yay for Vera!

What do you love about Fall???