Friday, September 10, 2010

Remembering 9/11...


I remember exactly where I was when I heard about the towers falling in New York.....I was on my way to my high school freshman English class and one my friends came running up to me to tell me the news. Everyone was really freaked out and all we did in my classes was listen to the radio coverage from NY. Parents were pulling their kids out of school and everyone was calling home, trying to figure out what was going on and what would happen next. In the days that follow, and months, everyone was scared. It was a really frightening time but also a time to come together. Literally a time to unite. A time to call your family and friends and tell them how much you care about them. A time to show more love.


Nine years later, here we are. I can't believe so much time has passed. I hope everyone can take some time out of their day tomorrow to remember what that day was like and say a prayer for those who are no longer with us and the families and friends who lost loved ones on that day. I will never forget.