Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Zumba! Zumba!


I am always looking for news ways to workout and get myself in shape. I found one a fews years ago that I really enjoy and have stuck with!

ZUMBA!!!

A friend of mine talked me into going to a class at the rec. center my freshman year of college. After one class...I was totally hooked! I loved it so much, I thought about becoming an instructor! Zumba is a mix of latin and hiphop music and non-stop dancing. Not like partner dancing...but individual 'shake what your mama gave ya' dancing! Its a great stress reliever and good way to cut loose and have fun. Perfect excuse to work out and get together for some fun with the girls.

I recently bought Zumba DVDs and they're awesome too. Beto, the creator of Zumba (in the photo), is funny and leads some of the DVD routines. But, nothing beats a live class! I've been to a few different ones (health centers, etc..) but the craziest and most fun ones I've been to are on college campuses. Also, each class is different depending on the instructor. But I definitely recommend checking out a Zumba class in your area!!! You won't regret it!!